Wearing compression socks is a great way to decrease swelling in your feet and legs no matter what the weather. People often question how long they have to wear compression socks. Wearing them for the right length of time, however, is critical to experiencing the full benefits of this tool. Failing to wear your compression socks for the right period make them feel like a useless investment, making you feel as though you’re wasting your time–but wearing them as instructed can offer all the benefits. Here’s our guide to wearing compression socks.
How Long Should I Wear Compression Socks Each Day?
If you’re wearing your compression socks for varicose veins or for other conditions that can cause swelling in your legs, wearing them all day is critical to preventing that swelling and other problems. Ideally, you should put compression socks on when you get up in the morning and remove them only when you go to bed at night. Following this routine is made easier when you have at least two pairs of compression socks since you can wash one pair while wearing the other.
Wearing Compression Socks Properly
Your compression socks should be purchased to fit your legs appropriately. They are available in a variety of sizes, and choosing the right size for your body is critical to ensuring that you can experience the full benefits of your socks. You should also keep in mind these essential attributes of wearing compression socks correctly:
- Make sure that you wear your socks all day, especially if you’re going to be sitting around a lot.
- Read the washing instructions for your compression socks carefully. Ideally, you want to wash your compression socks every day, even if you have multiple pairs, to keep them clean and germ-free.
- Change your compression socks every day. Over the course of the day, they will stretch to fit your legs, so putting on a fresh pair every morning will ensure that you experience the maximum benefits of compression socks.
- Replace your compression socks regularly. Replacing them every 3-6 months will allow you to continue to experience all the benefits of your compression socks.
- Put your compression socks on first thing in the morning. Your feet and legs often swell more throughout the day, so putting them on early will both make them easier to get on and prevent that swelling as early as possible.
Wearing compression socks is a great way to experience higher levels of comfort and enjoy better overall health and happiness. By wearing your compression socks all day, you’ll continue to decrease swelling throughout the day, making you more comfortable and reduced problems with varicose veins, swelling, and more. If you need more help dealing with varicose veins or swelling, contact us to learn how we can provide treatments that will improve your quality of life and the appearance of your legs.
*Disclaimer: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”